Maria Maglionico



My name is Maria Maglionico and I come from Fasano, a village in the Puglia region, Italy. I started taking pictures in my university period in Lecce, probably because this was the only way I could find to express things I feel without using words. My style of photography draws inspiration from artists like Nan Goldin, Guy Bourdin, Nobuyoshi Araki and Todd Hido.
                                                                             

What I try to do with photography is not specifically telling a story, but more reproducing a sensation, a mood, a vision, a visual impression. I could compare my idea of photography with the exact feeling you could have when you listen to a far melody which sounds familiar but you never heard before. I normally prefer taking pictures of models I personally know in order to establish an empathic link with them, but I do not neglect taking pictures without a living subject (lights, objects, buildings) as long as they work fine as a mirror of my personal view. I normally shoot with a digital Canon, an old analog Olympus camera and, sometimes, with a Polaroid.