Andreja Marčenko



I am Andreja Marčenko. I live in Belgrade.
Photography has been a process for me since I first started doing it a long time ago with my first digital camera. Gradually I realized that film is more adequate to what we actually see, especially regarding to colors and subtle light atmosphere that, as far as I see, can only be realistically represented on film. The joy of analog photography for me lays in diversity of films that I can change regarding to what I want to accomplish during shooting. With digital photography spectrum of possibility is more narrow and equipment is way more expensive than in film photography.
I mostly do female portraits and city scenes that draw my attention. I don't like street and nature photography. I prefer simplistic composition in my work and I'm not a fan of heavy editing in post production. I mostly shoot with 50 and 35mm lenses.