Monica Smaniotto

 










I come from a small mountain village in northern Italy.
I studied art and landscape architecture, I traveled a lot during my adolescence but for many years now I stopped and started to explore my territory, rich in woods, lakes, stories and tales.
I used various cameras both film and digital, but now I only ever use a Cosina CT1G (which I am affectionate to, it was my mother's when she was young) and a Sony a7II.

For me, photography is a research, a constant stimulus and a personal growth that allows me to learn.
Sometimes with a photo I want to tell a story or a vision, other times I simply photograph something that captures me. 

Technique, research and planning are important parts of the process, sometimes I draw a few sketches before taking a picture, but at the same time I allow myself to change them according to the feeling of the moment and capture the unexpected.

Photographing makes me happy, it's not a hobby and it's not a job, it's a need.

 

Flickr

Instagram