Baptiste Janin


 









I am from Geneva, Switzerland, where I currently live. During my studies, I moved abroad as much as possible. I lived in Vienna, Bologna, New York and finally in Moscow. Until 2019, I was an attorney-at-law and I got bored.

Looking at my pictures, I guess I like kind of odd atmospheres, to put people, things in strange situations. I like an object, a texture, a light, a place and I try to find an image that goes with it. For example the picture with the girl in fur, the starting point was the texture of the soaked fur ; the boots, the red light on the skin. At the moment, I now would like to make compositions involving more people and mere portraits as well.

I mostly shoot analog medium format cameras (essentially Hasselblad 500c), natural light. When digital, Fujifilm X-PRO 1 and GFX 50s.

 

Website

Flickr 

Instagram