die lehmanns ( karl & elsbeth )

 










My wife and I have been taking photos together since we met in 2000. We do it mainly because we enjoy taking photos together and somehow that connects us again and again. Neither of us are professionals and We have no commercial interests in our photography.
We grew up in the former GDR. We spent our childhood in a small village and a small town. Both were on a very beautiful river.
For our photos we use analog cameras (Pentacon Six TL, Contax T2 or Olympus Mju 2) but also digital cameras such as Ricoh GR or Fuji X100F. However, analog photography is much more exciting. The whole process is nicer and more honest. We develop b/w films ourselves. The cameras have to be compact and light. I don't like to carry around so much equipment with me.
My wife is my muse. Our photos should be atmospheric and convey emotions. In principle, our pictures are a photographic diary.