Maria Schaefer


 









- Where are you from?
I was born in Germany and live in a small town near Hanover.
- How did you start in photography?
I painted a lot as a child and later drew. Since my drawings weren't realistic enough for me, I borrowed a friend's SLR camera when I was 12 or 13. After that I just wanted to take pictures.
- How would you describe your style?
I'm not even sure I have a style of my own.
I like dramatic light, even if it's little, but it's in the right place.
I like people in front of the camera who want to stand there. You then get into a mood that just flows and you hardly think anymore but just do it.I don't like rules as much in photography, even if I unconsciously stick to certain things.
- What inspires your work?
music and light and people. Other photographers too.
Sometimes alcohol.
- What do you love to photograph?
people
- Your technical process/technical choice, what cameras do you use?
I don't think too much about camera technology.
When I come up against limits, I look around to see if I can find something that goes beyond that.
But I also have dreams...even if I'm not good at analogue photography, I would like to have an analogue medium format camera at some point.

Website

Flickr 

Instagram