alexbworld

 











Hello everyone. I am Alex, I live in a small provincial town in Russia - Stavropol. The city is small by Russian standards and far enough from the center, located in the North Caucasus. 

 I started to take an active part in photography about 10 years ago. I was interested in this before, and there were modest attempts to do something in terms of images. But 10 years ago, I bought a Canon 600d DSLR camera, and I began to immerse myself in the world of photography. The plus was that I was then friends with a company of designers who were also fond of photography, so they taught me a lot quickly.

It’s hard for me to describe my style, probably it’s not fully fledged. I do photography for the sake of my soul, it helps me, but that's why I often change directions of creativity.

I am very susceptible to mood, and if today I want to photograph some cityscapes, it does not mean that tomorrow I will not want to photograph a portrait,
and after a while something else.
I rarely think about what exactly is worth doing, everything happens spontaneously, at the behest of my heart. Also, the emotions and mood of photographs often change. Therefore, it is very difficult for me to make something to order, I cannot predict which photo will be released today, it comes from the mood and atmosphere that we have now. For these reasons, I would say that, in principle, I photograph the mood and atmosphere that surrounds me, I put in some thoughts that now occupy me.
And in what form it is expressed in reportage photography or studio portrait, it is no longer so important. It is also worth noting that everything is so interesting to me
that I change directions of photos quite often, and I want to change further.

Inspiration comes from a variety of sources. Sometimes I am inspired by music, which I listen to a lot, films, but more often the inspiration comes from my mood. There comes a period when you just start to see the frames that you want to embody and it is impossible not to succumb to such a state. Then you need to take the camera in hand and go take pictures.

I like to take pictures, as I said above, of almost everything. But the only thing that is probably key is that I love photographing beauty. Beauty is different, the beauty of city buildings,
beauty of a girl, beauty of nature, beauty of the moment. In general, I am strange in this regard, I can just stand and admire for a long time how the sun's rays hit the wall. through the crowns of trees.

Technically, I used to shoot with film cameras, for example, I have a lot of photos on Holga. These are both Pentacon and Kiev 88. While shooting with film, I also photographed with digital cameras. But lately, believe me, I have come to the conclusion that I photograph exclusively with the Canon 600d, my first camera; I pay more attention to the ability to correctly use light and improvised auxiliary means. I experiment a lot, using films in front of the lens, bags, glass, lenses, mirrors, practically anything. Experimenting with excerpts, trying to make the process interesting. But as for the cameras, I realized at some stage that this is not so important. although the cameras will probably change in the future, but I think the practice on 600d is very useful, it is more difficult to make a photo,
the more a high-quality professional camera is, the more pleasant it is when it turns out. It teaches a lot, teaches us to use light, to understand the composition of the frame. Subsequently, I process the photos in
Photoshop and even at some stage was fond of photo manipulations, but recently the processing is minimal, basically everything is achieved when shooting.

Website

Flickr 

Facebook 

Instagram