Veronika Chikalova

 

I was born and raised in Belarus, but I am still in search of my place in this world, and therefore I periodically move from city to city, from country to country…


It seems to me that I haven't really started photography yet. I have always admired people who realized very early what they wanted to do, and, despite any life circumstances, worked systematically and purposefully on what was really important to them. I don’t manage it that way yet… There was some kind of continuous confusion and chaos in my first half of life when I was doing a little bit of everything and tasting so many different things searching of myself, of my own way. I have been shooting consciously for about two years, but I am moving quite slowly and unhurriedly along this path because I still can't dedicate enough time to photography. I had already tried to photograph several times before, but after shooting just a couple of films, I put all this away for 2,5, or even 7 years…

 

For myself, my work is a focus on the naturalness in its maximum, on feelings, emotions and human states. It is also about the search for inner silence, balance and awareness through photography, the desire to discover and transmit more subtle harmony of lines, shapes, colors and compositions. I would call my photo as a meditation. At least that's the exact kind of photo I'm aiming for…

Life in all its all possible manifestation! And also watching the creative activities of other people. Absolutely in any scopes of activity - painting, design, haute cuisine, etc. The very fact that there are so many different worlds that exist on our planet in parallel through the individual vision of each individual creator admires and inspires me a lot.

 
There was a time when I was shooting only nature. I liked to look for something strange, mysterious and abstract in it, or to show the perfection of forms. Now I am very interested in a person. But there is a vague feeling that in addition laconic, realistic portraits, I will try to shoot something more artistic, staged and thought out to the smallest details.

 

I shoot both on film and on digital camera and I really like both. Since I don’t have yet the financial opportunity to buy all the equipment that I would like to have, I work with what is available. They are old Canon 600D+50 mm f 1.8 digital camera, a Nikon F 80s+20 mm f 2.8, 50mm f 1.8d film camera, as well as a medium-format Kiev 60+ MC Vega-28B 2.8/ 120 and VOLNA 3 2.8/80"

Flickr

Facebook 

Instagram