Yanzi

 

- Where are you from?

 I am from Taiwan.
 
- How did you start in photography?
 
I started taking pictures of my friends and enrolled in photography classes in the winter 2013. I fell in love with the colors and the magical vibes of film photography instantly. This encounter changed my perception and how I look at the world entirely.
 


- How would you describe your style?
 
To be honest, I am still on my way to reaching a personal style. For me, what matters most is the mood of the image. Despite this, when I look at my photos, it feels like I'm putting together pieces of a puzzle that I do not know the final image of.
 



- What inspires your work?
 
It all depends on how I feel and what am I surrounded by at that moment. Some of my ideas come from past experiences and others come from momentarily inspirations. The works of other photographers and artists also inspire me.
 
- What do you love to photograph?
 
People and light.
 

 

- Your technical process/technical choice, what cameras do you use?
 
I use editing programs only on digital photos, and hardly any on film photos. I try to reduce any need for post-processing by taking good pictures from the start, which is why I prefer natural light.
I have 3 cameras: a Canon 6D for digital photos, a Canon 1V and a Olympus OM-2 for film photos.