Fabrizio Milazzo

                                                                                                 FROM A FORGOTTEN ISLAND

        
            

          “From a forgotten Island” is a “born at the end” project. It was born when I realized, after looking at
    all my pictures, that they didn’t mirror the person that I’ve become after all these years. I could see
    my self in my pictures, but it was a person that maybe does not exist anymore.




      The title starts from an observation: the pictures are linked to the place where I was born which is
Sicily. An island that I refused to represent as it really is, undressed of all the traditions and
customs. I used it in a cinematographic way, adapting it to a world that does not belong to. I adapted
It to me. This is where all the trips that I made in the past few years started, trips that made me
change and grow, and that made me compare to people and situations far from those where I came
from. The place where I was born is the place that allowed me to know all the important people in
my life which keep being or not a part of it. So I decided to dedicate this project to this place from
where I want to escape and that doesn’t make me feel like home. Because after all, if I’m here, at
this point of my life, I have to thank and blame the forgotten island.




          My intention was to create a dimension far away from the environment in which I lived,
representing the youth of the zero years who is looking for happiness and primordial beautiful in
nature. A youth that is dreaming of America, of never ending roads, of lunches with good music in
the backyards. A youth who wants to fall in love.

        The end.

Flickr
Website
Facebook