Tarryn Hatchett


Tarryn Hatchett

 I'm a 28 year old obsessive creative who is in love with the medium of photography. I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
 My style is tender, cinematic, intimate and naturalistic.
 I love to shoot natural beauty in all forms. I take great joy in being a woman who makes choices about how to represent women in visuals. I love to explore the idea of character, connection, and feeling above all else in my portraiture. People in isolation, and the purity of being alone whilst connecting with your environment is another ongoing theme for me.
 I am not a technically-minded photographer. Technical stuff is always secondary to the idea for me. I usually find inspiration in music or character, and have a very organic process of working. I shoot on a Canon 5D Mk II, a Canon 50mm 1.4 prime lens, and a Canon 24-105mm zoom lens.