Anne Locquen



I live in La Rochelle in France, work in a high school and am a trained engineer. I have been doing instant photography for three years.
One day, about three years ago, I was hunting for a Polaroid for the first time in a second-hand market. From the outset, this camera was intended for my daughter, but in fact, it was a real turning point for me. I was quickly captured by the magic of instant photography. Polaroid is a wonderful medium that shifts according to each particular touch and is unique. I think that polaroid camera can reveal creativity. I believed I had finally found what was needed to make me want to go for it. 
 I quickly began to concentrate my work around the ‘private life’, photographing those close to me: my children, my family and my friends, with the intention of making the viewer want to find and explore connections with their own existence. I am not looking for technical perfection in my work, but rather to pass on emotion and visual poetry.
 I cut out and deconstructed my body without showing my face in most of the pictures, giving the viewer free rein over their imagination.
Mirrors possess powers that go way beyond their mere ability to reflect. 

 My camera :
SX70 alpha 1
SLR 680
Polaroid 600se
Polaroid 180

Films :
Impossible colour SX70
Impossible B&W SX70
Polaroid 669, sepia, chocolate
Fujifilm FP3000B