Riccardo Bandiera


Riccardo Bandiera

I am a freelance professional photographer, I am completely self-taught, I started to play, then I quit my previous job and I concentrated with all my might in this beautiful art.
I’m from Italy, I live in a small town near the sea but I frequently move for work and for exhibitions that I do around the world.
I think I’ve a contemporary style, influenced by fashion and the geometry, characterized by a lot of melancholy and a slightly dark touch. It's inspiring music and a few places to get it, sometimes by accident.
I love the interaction that is created with the subject I photograph, the feeling that can arise from having created something together. The constant search for new ideas, insights and inspirations that can then convey in my photographs. Finally the feeling that arouse in the viewer and who are affected in some way, listen to their personal vision.
Most of my photos, at least those which fall within a project series, the first born in the head, then step on the shooting stage. Using some bodies Canon 5D camera (I and III) with different optical, mostly fixed (35 and 50), while for the analog I prefer my beloved Pentax Spotmatic bought in England.
It was an important year - in several respects - I won some awards and have participated in several exhibitions, just recently began my solo show in New York at the Artifact Gallery, 14 to 31 December. I brought my latest series "Anedonia" and some of my photos with mermaids.