Elisa Imperi


Elisa Imperi
 
I’m from Italy. My family lives in Umbria in a small city near Perugia. Is difficult speak about myself. I love to travel, read books, take photos (obviously :p ), know new people and cultures and read art books. Now I live in London and I often lost myself into the big libraries that there are in this city. I think I'm lucky to be here and know a lot of people here with different dreams that try to transform those into reality.
Often the simplicity is the better way to create something. I never had a lot of money for my personal projects, so I try to create something by the simple things that I have. 
I love photography because when I have my camera in my hands I’m happy and the problems that I have during my days and the rest of the world, is nothing. It's something of not important. In the moments when I take photos, for work or for personal projects, there are only me and my fantasy or my imagination and I feel free to be myself. 
I love analog photography, but it’s really expensive! So I often have to use the digital. I love the analog photography because is different. You can see your photos and see her birth in the darkroom. This is really emotional! I develop and print my analog photos and I have a special attachment for these. So I can use analog or digital but is not important. I don’t think that the camera makes the photographer. I think that the camera and a good equipment can help the photographer in some works.
Anyway, is not important for a lot of photos which is the camera of the photographers. Photography is all that are behind: the ideas, the creativity, the mind and fantasy of the people. All the photos have a little piece of the photographer, of the model, of the make-up artist, of the stylish and of all the people of the team-work! All the photos have a piece of our life, our mentality, our story. Is really difficult try to explain, sorry! :D
Some photos were taken for work, some photos for me. Sometimes I imagined the photo and I have taken two years later! (For example the red-hair girl in the rooftop). Sometimes there are a team-work to study the mood and the concept of the photos. Sometimes I stop a girl in the street and I ask her “can I take a photo of you?”. Sometimes I’m a fashion photographer, and after a wedding photographer, street photographer or maybe I take a picture by my phone to the sunset. I love the fashion photography and the wedding photography and It's always been my dream, one day, do this work full time, but anyway, the photography is a part of my life and will be a part of my life in my future.