Erik Gross



 I am a 30 year old photographer from the northern part of Germany. I live right
at the Baltic sea and I work as a freelance photographer and tutor.
 
I would describe my work as moody and intimate.
I don’t use color that much, cause I like bw more and I think it´s 
more timeless, cause you can’t really tell when the photo has been shot.
I try to show only photos that mean something to me in any kind of way.
Emotions are an important part of my work. 
I always liked looking at photos, cause they can make me feel a certain feeling. A photo from a foreign country for example can awake my urge to travel. Or a really moody, warm photo can make me feel cozy. Good photos 
for me need to have a certain emotion to be interesting.
 
A technically perfect 
photo in perfect lighting can still look pretty boring. It´s hard to describe,
but I try to express a certain feeling in my photos too.
And being able to
do that with photography is the reason why I love it so much.
 
I like to shoot film a lot, develop it and scan it myself.
Photography is a craft to me and that process make me value my photos a lot more.
For jobs or different projects like sports I also work digital. My go to film cameras are
a Nikon FM2 and a Pentax 67 for medium format. My digital camera is a Sony Alpha 7RII. 
I have a lot more cameras cause I just like how some of them look, but these are the ones 
I use the most. When I don’t want to carry a lot I also have a Olympus MjuII. Great 
snapshot camera that fits in every pocket.